Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha rushed to hospital after ‘suffering broken ankle and fractured knee in car crash’

Click here to get this post in PDF

Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha rushed to hospital after ‘suffering broken ankle and fractured knee in car crash’

Health News WEDDING CRASHER Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha rushed to hospital after ‘suffering broken ankle and fractured knee in car crash’
Samantha Markle’s boyfriend was behind the wheel when they reportedly smashed into a concrete barrier in Florida By Gemma Mullin 16th May 2018, 11:32 pm Updated: 17th May 2018, 12:10 am MEGHAN Markle’s half-sister is reportedly in hospital after suffering a broken ankle and fracturing her knee in a car crash.
Samantha Markle , 53, is understood to have been driving with her partner near their home in Florida when they smashed into a concrete barrier. refer to caption. Samantha Markle has reportedly been injured in a car crash
Her boyfriend Mark told TMZ he had been behind the wheel and was apparently trying to avoid a photographer who had veered in front of them to take pictures.
He said he swerved their vehicle to the left but smashed into the central reservation near a toll booth while the snapper allegedly fled the scene.
Mark said Samantha, who has MS, hit the windscreen and fell into the footwell but was unable to life herself back up.
Her foot was twisted backwards and he rushed to the hospital where she is reportedly being treated by doctors. refer to caption. Her boyfriend was apparently behind the wheel when they crashed near their home in Florida
It comes as it was reported her father Thomas Markle’s major cardiac surgery went successfully after suffering a serious heart attack last week.
Meghan’s wheelchair-bound sister earlier told how their 73-year-old dad was devastated to be missing the opportunity to walk his daughter down the aisle as she weds Prince Harry.
She told us: “He was upset. He wanted to go. But his doctor had the overruling opinion he needed surgery. So he’s smart enough to know, ‘This is life-threatening’.
“It’s all been so heartbreaking and now my father’s in surgery. I don’t even think he’s awake yet.” Getty – Contributor Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are still going ahead with the wedding this Saturday at St. George’s Chapel
She also slammed claims Kensington Palace was helping their ailing dad — revealing she had to wire him cash so he could survive.
Samantha said: “That is not true or he would not have been living in his place. He’d have had a reliable vehicle. He’d have been with security. I have receipts showing I’ve sent my father money twice by MoneyGram because he needed it.
“He is badly in need of help. I’m dreadfully worried about him. He’s completely on his own.”
Samantha said the Palace had not offered to fly him to London early or give him details about how he would get there. Coleman-Rayner Thomas checked into a hospital anonymously in the hope he would not be followed by photographers
She said: “There was no actual contact from Meghan and she has not spoken with my father since the heart attack. I don’t know why that is, I’m not blaming her.”
Samantha also said Harry – who has never met Thomas – had stayed silent, claiming: “I know that contact has not been made.”
She claimed her dad “checked in anonymously” to hospital on Wednesday to avoid photographers.
However, there was no sign of him leaving his house and onlookers said the lights were still on at the property in Rosarito, Mexico. Chicken Shop Date star Amelia Dimoldenberg gets to know Meghan’s family in Channel 4 doc Meet the Markles
Thomas’s first heart attack last week saw him treated in an ill-equipped local hospital.
Samantha said: “I was worried as I hadn’t heard from him in a day and a half. And he called me crying and he said, ‘I had a heart attack.’”
He had recently been trying to live a healthy lifestyle, she said.
She went on: “He was having heart problems. He was always coughing and saying he didn’t feel well but he was drinking water, eating fruits and vegetables.” refer to caption. Samantha said the Palace had not offered to fly her father back to London
Samantha denied claims there was a rift between them over the deal to stage photos before the wedding. She also insisted she brokered it, rather than her dad.
She said: “It was perfectly innocent. And I was doing it to defend my father against the paparazzi.” MOST READ IN NEWS Girl, 7, came to school in bloody knickers after ‘parents sold her to paedos’ COME HOT MAY Brits set for ANOTHER May Bank Holiday scorcher – as temps could hit low 30Cs LAP DOGS FROM HELL Mum-of-two mauled to death by pack of seven tiny SAUSAGE DOGS CLOSING TIME Mothercare to ‘announce closure of 50 stores in bid to save struggling firm’ TRASH TALK Moment workmen confront fly-tippers they caught red-handed on country lane ALONE, ILL & AFRAID Meghan’s sister blasts claims Palace offered support to her dad
Samantha confirmed Thomas was devastated by son Tom Jr who said Harry and Meghan should not wed.
She said: “He’s been so hurt by Tom. He was acting as if he was a spokesman for the family. My father wants nothing to do with him.”
When asked about Samantha’s claims, Kensington Palace said: “No comment.” Meghan Markle’s family – from dad Thomas and half-sister Samantha Grant to the nephews
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.

Read More…